Price Learning Keys ~ All rights reserved
The Non-Musical Benefits of Piano Study
* Patience: The process of learning effective practice skills aids the child in developing patience.
* Confidence and Poise: Frequent performance helps the child develop confidence and poise that will be useful in dealing with many situations in life.
* Perseverance and Commitment: The demands of piano study teach children to develop a commitment to projects and follow them through to completion.
* Friendships: Music study provides opportunities for interaction with peers to establish new friendships.
* Coordination: The coordination of both small and large muscles is strengthened through piano playing.
* Self-Esteem and Satisfaction: As musical skills are developed, students feel a strong sense of satisfaction in their progress and develop a feeling of self-esteem that transfers to other situations in life.
* Creativity and Self-Expression: Music study provides a forum for communicating feelings and using imagination for creative endeavors.
* Pride in Achievement: Students develop a sense of pride in their abilities through musical achievements.
* Concentration: The study of piano fosters concentration that can carry over into learning other subjects.
* Fun and Relaxation: Playing piano and listening to music is fun. This skill can provide hours of entertainment and relaxation throughout one's entire life.